I love a beautifully-designed home office though—one that’s both chic and functional is ideal. So many of us work from home now, at least part of the time, and you want your office to be your sanctuary. You want it to make you feel comfortable and serene, yet productive.
Remember, Design Psychology dictates, you will not use a room that is not functional! If you cannot get to, reach, use or see the items in your office that are useful to your business, you cannot function in that room!
With all the hours you spend in your home office what better time to surround yourself with beautiful design than when you’re working? A stylish home office can make those work tasks fly by.
Here are six easy ways you can design an office that will work for you:
- Focus on what’s most important to you. If you want a large, amazing desk or work space, start there. If you’re most interested in an ergonomic desk chair, make that your focus. If storage space is key in your office, find a storage system you love and work around it. A home office is about prioritizing.
- Choose a rich color for the walls. If you don’t want to invest a ton of money into your home office, a great way to make it look elegant and high-end is by putting a darker paint color on the walls.
- Be creative with your organization. A good home office needs to be as functional as it is stylish, so think carefully about how you’ll organize your work materials, and hide the necessary items like printers and computer cords.
- Layer lighting. In a workspace you need good lighting, and what you want or need at any given moment may depend on the task at-hand. If you’re simply responding to emails you may want the soft glow of a desk lamp, whereas you may also want a bold overhead pendant light, both to make a statement and brighten the room when necessary.
- Personalize the space. When you’re working you want to see reminders of things or people you love. It’s motivating, and it makes your office warmer and inviting, and can make your work day a little easier. Maybe you want family photos, your favorite art, or just a few accessories that make you feel good.
- Put something under your fett. Add a plush rug, or something with a pattern or pop of color. It’ll not only feel great when you’re working from home in your bare feet, but it also gives your home office a luxe layered look.